Eliana Name Meaning: Eliana is derived from the Hebrew word “God has answered.” The different variations of Eliana include Elianna, Elliana, and Aeliana. The history and popularity of the name Eliana can be traced back to biblical times.
Many famous people named Eliana, including celebrities, athletes, and musicians. Some names like Eliana include Aliana, Juliana, and Liliana. In short, Eliana is a beautiful name with a rich history.
If you are looking for a name for your daughter that is both unique and meaningful, consider the name Eliana.
Eliana Name Meaning and Origin
The origin of the name Eliana
The name Eliana is of Hebrew origin. It is a feminine form of Elijah, which means “my God is Yahweh.” Eliana can also be translated as “grace and mercy.”
The different variations of Eliana
There are many different variations of the name Eliana, including:
Eliyana, Eliyannah, Aliyah, Aliyannah, Elayna, Elaynah, Eleena, and Elliana.
The history and popularity of the name Eliana
Elijah was a popular biblical name in the Middle Ages. Recently, there has been a resurgence in the popularity of names with religious origins. This has helped to increase the popularity of the name Eliana.
According to Social Security Administration data, Eliana was ranked as the 442nd most popular baby girl name in 2017.
Famous people named Eliana
Celebrities named Eliana
Many famous celebrities, including actresses, models, and beauty pageant winners, share Eliana.
Eliana Alexander is a Brazilian-American actress best known for her roles in television shows like “CSI: Miami” and “Ugly Betty”.
Eliana Michaelichen Bezerra is a Brazilian actress and model who has appeared in many telenovelas, such as “Rebelde” and “A Força do Querer”.
Eliana Ramos is a Colombian beauty pageant titleholder who has crowned Miss Colombia in 2015. She represented her country at the 2016 Miss Universe pageant.
Athletes named Eliana
Eliana Sosa is an Argentine professional tennis player who has won several singles and doubles titles on the ITF circuit.
Eliana Pinto is a former Chilean footballer who played midfielder for the Chile women’s national football team. She was a member of Chile’s squad at the 1999 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
Musicians named Eliana
Names Like Eliana
Other names with similar meanings
There are many other names with similar meanings to Eliana. Some of these include:
- Ariel: meaning “lion of God” or “hero of God” in Hebrew
- Brianna: meaning “strong and virtuous” in Gaelic
- Catherine: meaning “pure” in Greek
- Elizabeth: meaning “my God is an oath” or “my God is abundance” in Hebrew
- Gabrielle: meaning “God is my strength” or “woman of God” in Hebrew
- Isabella: meaning “devoted to God” or “pledged to God” in Spanish
Names that are variations of Eliana
There are many different variations of the name Eliana. Some of these include:
- Elianna: a feminine form of the name Elias, which means “Yahweh is my God” in Hebrew
- Eliane: a French form of the name Adeline, which is a diminutive form of Helen
- Elianne: a variation of the name Aeliana, which is derived from the Roman family name Aelius
- Eliyana: a modern English variant spelling of the name Eliana
- Liliana: a variant spelling of the name Eliana which is used in various languages
Names that are similar in sound or appearance to Eliana
There are many names that either sound similar to Eliana or have a similar appearance. Some of these include:
- Adriana: meaning “from Hadria” in Latin
- Aliana: meaning “noble and exalted”
- Dulciana: meaning “sweet” or “pleasant”
- Juliana: meaning “dedicated to Jupiter” in Latin
- Liliana: meaning “lily” or “pure” in Latin
- Mariana: meaning “of the sea” in Latin
- Natalie: meaning “born on Christmas day” in Latin
Eliana is of Hebrew origin and means “God has answered.” The name was popularized in the Middle Ages by the Spanish saint Eliana of Mérida. Many famous people named Eliana, including celebrities, athletes, and musicians. Some names like Eliana include Liana, Ariana, and Jelena.